Thursday, April 06, 2017

Art Journal: Be True. Be You. - by Cheetarah


Hi all, it's Cheetarah here and I'm glad to be back with you today to show you an art journal page I made with some lush VLVS! rubber stamps and spring time inspired colors. My main image is this gorgeous Whimsical Lady designed by Mary Vogel Lozinak and the Be Adorable text stamp. A full list of stamps is at the bottom of the post. 


I first started off with coloring a piece of 6x4 inch water color paper with Ecoline in orange and Magenta. Then took a squared stencil and dabbed some mixed Golden Phthalo green with Paper Artsy Hint of Mint paints through it with a make -up sponge. Then stamped squiggly star collage on the left with Staz-On cherry pink and colored that in with ZIG Wink of Stella golden yellow so it stands out with a sparkle! I also randomly stamped the star stamp on various places as well as some other mixed media stamps. 


The sentiment was stamped with Memento tuxedo black on a separate piece of paper which was covered in Dylusions sprays in magenta green and turquoise. I then cut the sentiment out in strips and chose the above layout for them. The lady was also stamped on watercolor paper and colored with tombows and blended with a water brush. I wanted the phrases to have a "tumbling down" effect and that she walked over the last phrase. 


I also stamped "Be True." sentiment on the watercolor paper and adhered that to the left side over the star. On the "Be adorable" stamp you have the phrase "be young" and I just cut off the "ng" to have it say "Be You" and I love text stamps because they are versatile this way :) Lastly spattered some Liquitex INKS! in bronze and white over the page as well as the phthalo green/mint mixture. I darkened the edges with a purple distress crayon. Matted it on yellow card stock and is ready to be adhered to my art journal. 

No matter what anyone says you are supposed to be, be true to yourself. 

Thank you for stopping by today!

VLVS! used: 

Others:
Stencil from the Crafter's Workshop 
Golden Phthalo Green Blue paint
Paper Artsy Hint of Mint paint
Staz-on inks cherry pink, pumpkin and mustard
Memento tuxedo black 
dylusions sprays 
ecoline 
liquitex inks 
tombow markers 
distress crayons 


No comments: