Friday, January 19, 2018

Natures Wonder Card

Hello crafty friends! :)

I hope you are all safe and warm!
Here in Ohio it has been super cold and snowy... 
I'm a warm weather person, so I'm dreaming of spring.

 As my first post back as part of the fabulous Viva Las Vegastamps design team, I want to share something special to me....

An easy 3D entomology themed card...
(great masculine card too!)



I myself collect pinned insects, and have a cabinet of curiosities.
  Do you collect anything?


STAMPS USED:

OTHER PRODUCTS:
Black and cream cardstock
Scrapbook paper
Black Season ink
Zig Clean color markers
Coard/string
Tim Holtz small talk stickers
Distress oxide ink -walnut stain
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Distress collage medium (to stiffen the raised insect and to attach fun foam to card)
Fun foam cut to make 3d areas

Ok, so let's get started...

I started by stamping my stamp twice (one to cut for layering, and one for the base)
You can also see the slices of fun foam I cut to "pop" stuff up on


Next, cut your background layers from the scrapbook paper, and cardstock. My layers measure smallest to largest- 4.25 x 5.25in, 4.5in x 5.5in, card base- 6in x 10in


I used distress ink to add some depth on my stamped base, and my cream cardstock.  The insects were colored with my zig markers.

My layers were taped together with my VLVS miracle tape. Before taping my card base to my matts,  I used my tiny attacher to add my coard.



For the final 3d layer I used distress collage medium to glue my fun foam down. (And to add some thickness to the 3d bug).







Also, in case you missed this fun envelope I shared on facebook on Monday here is a bit more Buggy goodness...

STAMP USED:
Hercules Beetle
Paris Address

(the rest is all distress inks and stencils)

I hope you have all enjoyed this card and envelope as much as I do.
 (Don't forget to comment what you collect! Just for fun :D )

4 comments:

Handywoman said...

I collect old sewing items and tools :) But I also LOVE bugs...super cute!!!!

Tera Callihan said...

@Handywoman I can't remember if I knew that or not... I can totally see it though! When I was small I thought I wanted to collect thimbles... but i think I only ever had 1-2 lol, I have way to many "mini collections" of things... but, it's fun!

by belle said...

Love this card!! It makes me want to use that stamp RIGHT NOW!

Tera Callihan said...

Lol. It is a great stamp!!